Become a Member
Membership in the Association of Public Sector Information Professionals (DPI) is free and open to any public sector information professional 18 years of age or older, who is an employee (Indeterminate or Term) working on behalf of a federal, provincial, or municipal government, public sector agency, Crown corporation, educational institution or other public authority. “Working on behalf” does not include contractors, casual, students or people hired though an agency.
Your membership ensures:
- access to free seminars;
- reduced registration costs for the DPI annual Professional Development Week (PDW) learning event;
- regular information updates;
- affiliated membership with the Canadian Informatics Processing Society (CIPS), which includes the CIPS member rate for education credits for the certification of your "Information Systems Professional (I.S.P.)" and Information Technology Certified Professionals (ITCP) designation;
- Reduced registration costs with other organizations;
- annual "Members Only Dinner" (registration required with limited seating);
- membership benefits (incentive programs).
Types of Membership
DPI has three types of membership: regular, life and retired.
- Regular Members - A person may apply for regular membership if they are a public sector information professional 18 years of age or older, who is an employee (Indeterminate or Term) working on behalf of a federal, provincial, or municipal government, public sector agency, Crown corporation, educational institution or other public authority.
- Life Members - A regular member may be designated a life member by the Board of Directors. This designation of lifetime membership gives public recognition of outstanding commitment to those who have contributed to the advancement of the Association of Public Sector Information Professionals through service to the Association, promotional initiatives or program delivery.
- Retired Members - A regular member of the association who is retiring may apply for Retired Membership. Retired Membership is only open to former public sector employees that retired directly from the government, have been a DPI member for at least 5 years. If less then it would be at the further discretion of the Board of Directors.
Who are our members?
DPI has over 4,000 members across Canada. Members are comprised of IM/IT professionals from various levels of government (federal, provincial and municipal), public sector agencies, Crown Corporations, educational institutions and other public authorities.
How to become a member
It is easy to join, simply complete and submit an Online Membership Application Form or print a PDF copy of the Membership Form and fax it to 613-7-DPI-DPI (613-737-4374).
Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you will receive a welcome email and membership number. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Association of Public Sector Information Professionals.